This course explores how the core difficulties associated with autism can impct on learning for children and young people in the classroom. How by using the principles of structured teaching and a visual approach can increase understanding and engagement leading to increased participation and improved outcomes.
Outcomes for Children
- Increased engagement
- Increased independence
- Reduction in stress and anxiety
Outcomes for staff
- Understanding how to relate the core difficulties of autism to difficulties in learning
- Understanding of the principles of structured teaching
- Understanding the importance of visual approaches to learning
- Understanding how to differentiate work to be appropriate and engaging for pupils with autism/social comminication difficulties.
Who is the course aimed at?
Any staff involved with teaching, supporting pupils with autism/social communication difficulties
Expectations before the course:
- Experience of teaching/supporting a child/young person with autism/social communication difficulties
- To bring an example of a learning activity to differentiate
-Time to implement foollowing the course
Please note that the following cancellation charges apply to all HCTS courses:
within 48 hours or less - no refund - full cost of course will be charged
within 7 days - 50% of cost will be charged
within 14 days - no charge