Member Price: £50.00 + VAT
Non Member Price: £62.50 + VAT
(Prices are quoted excluding VAT)
Delivered by Louise Taylor
Next Session Starts 18th July 2018
9:00am - 12:00pm
Places Available: 29
OUTCOMES FOR CHILDREN:
- Improved support for sensory regulation
- Increased engagement in learning
- Improved access to supportive environments
- Reduction in behaviours that may challenge
OUTCOMES FOR STAFF:
- Basic but clear understanding of what Sensory Processing issues arise
- Identification of issues caused by sensory processing and a simple sensory profiling tool
- How to create a supportive environment
- The role of routine and structure
- How to plan in the sensory unput that some pupils may need
This course gives an introduction to understanding how sensory processing affects us all and the difficulties it can cause for pupils in an educational setting.
It will explore sensory pathways and the behaviours we may see as a result of pupils having difficulty in regulating their sensory experiences.
It will also introduce simple ideas and strategies to plan effective support for pupils needing additional input, along with signposts to other valuable resources and information.