Raising Attainment in Literacy Using Technology
Member Price: £100.00 + VAT
Non Member Price: £125.00 + VAT
(Prices are quoted excluding VAT)
Delivered by David Andrews
Next Session Starts 9th November 2018
9:00am - 3:00pm
Places Available: 29
This course is intended for:
- Literacy Coordinators
- Classroom Teachers
- Teaching Assistants
OR for anyone who is looking to tackle children's poor engagement and achievement in Literacy (communication and writing) by tapping into their strong interest in technology.
You will be provided with practical and effective strategies, plus resources that you can put to use in your school across both KS1 and KS2.
In this course you will find out how to:
- Use a range of visual tools (games, animations, videos, interests) to grab their attention.
- Use talk to stimulate their imagination anf vocabulary to help make sense of new knowledge and understanding.
- Use technology effectively to engage reluctant learners.
- Use talk scaffold, model and capture language to deepen understanding and enable children to make sense of new ideas.
- Plan writing using technology for both fiction and non-fiction.
- Address boys and girls poor engagement and achievement in literacy with high impact resources.
- Use effective assessment strategies (teacher, peer and self) through technology to improve children's writing performance.
**Writing activities and plans will be shared through the day taken from Mr Andrews Creative Computing Curriculum***
THE USE OF IPADS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE DAY!